» VEINOPLUS® V.I. is a medical electro-stimulation device with therapeutic effects upon various symptoms of Venous Insufficiency. These effects have been demonstrated and documented in several clinical studies made since 2004 in France, UK, USA and Russia
» Over 150 000 people with venous problems in 40 countries have already chosen the technology VEINOPLUS® V.I.
Reduces leg swelling (edema)*
Edema of the lower limbs is one of the leading symptoms of Venous Insufficiency (VI). A Study conducted in more than 3 000 subjects, population-based cross-sectional study (The Bonn Vein Study), 13.4% of the population had manifest leg edema (1).
Defined as an increase in the volume of interstitial fluid, edema is the sign of an anomaly of transcapillary fluid movement (2).
VI mostly brings on a sporadic edema, enhanced by prolonged orthostatic posture, heat and excess weight (2). Venous edema can be unilateral or bilateral.
Stimulation of the calf muscle pump prevents the formation of venous edema by reducing the venous pressure in legs (3).
- Factors of risk
• Previous history of venous disease in the family
• Prolonged orthostatic posture
• Excess weight
• Post-Thrombotic Syndrome
- VEINOPLUS® Action
- Reduction of the edema circumference or even disappearance of the edema
- Rapid reduction of PAIN in legs
- Improvement in Quality of Life
- Can be used in combination with compression therapy
- VEINOPLUS® can be used by pregnant women
- Clinical Data of VEINOPLUS®
- A clinical study conducted by the Pr Bogachev (State University of Moscow) on 30 patients (32 legs) has proven the efficiency of VEINOPLUS in venous edema .
- A clinical study conducted by the Dr Le Tohic (Hospital Bichat) on 58 pregnant women has demonstrated the effects of VEINOPLUS® in edemas (4).
- A study made in 100 users in France underlined the action of VEINOPLUS® in the treatment of edema.
- Instruction for use
Apply an electrode on to each calf if the pain sensation is bilateral and both electrodes on the same calf if the pain sensation is unilateral. Do at least one session if painful sensations exist preferably in seated position.
Setting of the device should be performed according to the patient tolerance
1. Maurins U, Hoffmann B, Lösch C. Distribution and prevalence of reflux in the superficial and deep venous system in the general population _ results from the Bonn Vein Study, Germany..Journal of Vascular Surgery, Volume 48, Issue 3, September 2008
2. VALMI Edition 2010-2011
3. Stick C, Grau H, Witzleb E. On the edema-preventing effect of the calf muscle pump ;Eur J Apll Physiol (1989) 59 :39-47
4. Le Tohic A, Bastian H, Pujo M,. Madelinot P.Effets de l’électrostimulation par VEINOPLUS® sur les troubles circulatoires des membres inférieurs chez la femme enceinte. Gynecol Obstet&Fertil 2009 ; 37 :18-24